A downloadable game
You are dreaming.
You are unconscious in a hospital bed. Your insurance only covers 30 more minutes of life support. After that, you'll be unplugged, and that will be the end.
But all is not lost! You have 30 minutes to explore your dream and collect dream money. Maybe you can collect enough, and you'll live to see another day - in real life this time!
It won't be easy, though. Demonic nurses and orderlies pop up at every turn. Fight them with weapons and magic, and recruit allies to help you along your way, including Recovery, the helpful android nurse of your dreams! Or nightmares...
- Recruit up to 24 cute characters of 4 different races: Humans, Witches, Beastmen, and Droids.
- Battle with swords or guns, or your own fists. You get stronger depending on what skills you use!
- Learn spells from seven schools of magic, including Angel Magic, Candy Magic, and Crystal Magic.
- Explore the mazelike hospital for a million secrets! Okay, not a MILLION, but there's kind of a lot.
- Take advantage of the New Game+ feature. After a Game Over, start again with all of your acquired skills, money, and items. It gets easier every time!
- Features all original graphics and music!
Also find it here, on RPG Maker dot net
Content Warning: self-harm is mentioned once.
Rxcovery Tips (added 1/21/2018):
- Try everything! This game gives you a million ways to experiment. If you hit a wall, change up your strategy!
- To get the maximum amount of character development in the least amount of time: use every type of skill. Each skill type (fist, sword, magic, etc.) improves a different set of stats and unlocks a different branch of abilities. If you use every skill type you've got at least once per battle, you'll become a powerhouse in no time!
- Don't neglect the "Punch" skill. It's the key to unlocking some of the most ridiculously powerful skills in the game (not for Witches or Droids though)!
- The "Guard" function will increase your Attack stat x3 for the next turn.
- The Bazookas are a crutch for when you're in a pinch, but relying on them too much will lead to having really weak characters!
- There is a secret character who doesn't look like much, but has a kind of magic that nobody else does. This magic is stupid-powerful - he can learn a spell that can take down most bosses in one hit. If you're really sick of these bosses, maybe hunt around for this secret character instead...
Uploaded Version 5! This version spices up some animations, fixes a broken image, and also makes it so Crystal Magic finally works as intended! See Readme for details.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 5!!7 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I get to what I believe is the final boss in the long hall (without spoiling this for anyone). I talk to the NPC several times and get "..." about four or five times, and then the full dialog triggers and then the battle begins - but before the battle initiates I'm hit with a black screen and an error window that reads:
"Script 'Sprite_Battler' line 80 TypeError occurred. no implicit conversion from nil to integer"
I got this point this morning with v4.2 and then saw that version 5 was released and was excited assuming this may fix the bug. However, the game still crashes.
Otherwise, I really enjoyed this game.
Oh no! That's bad!! I played the final boss battle twice today and never encountered this! I have no idea what could have happened, I'm looking into it now
Who is in your party when this happens? Does it happen with other battles, or just this one?
I just uploaded v5.1, so give this one a try. I moved some things around. I can't make the bug happen for me for some reason, so you'll have to be my canary.
Hmm, is the file still named v5? If so, I've downloaded it and switched it out and moved my saves over. Still no good. Is it possibly just the save file? Or perhaps because I have an empty party slot? Will try and move the party around and see how it goes.
Okay, so I think it may have to something to do with not starting the battle with a total of four party members. I added Suki and its fine now. Thank you for trying to figure it out, you the real mvp. NOW FOR THIS FIGHT!!!
I'm glad you found a workaround!! Yeah, it seems to have something to do with who's in your party, but if you downloaded "Rxcovery v5.1.zip," that bug shouldn't be happening no matter how few people are in your party. I'll continue trying to figure this out. Thanks so much for being patient!
Amazing game it's an easy to play RPG that takes level grinding and, actually makes it fun! The background tracks are incredible and, I enjoy how they change instead of it just being a constant over and, over!
Hi, it's me, Mel, again. I was wondering if I could translate your game into Spanish. If it doesn't bother you, of course. :D
Sure, absolutely! Same rules as last time, link back to the original, etc
This game is amazing! If one of the blogs I write for will let me, do you mind if I do like a short feature on it?
I'd love that!! :D
this game rules
I just downloaded your game and have been playing a bit. I am not sure how the New Game+ you mentioned works though. When I die and get the game over screen, am I supposed to press something? It throws me to the original screen with options 'New,' 'Load,' and 'Quit.' Selecting new just starts the game all over from the very beginning, and well, the others don't help either.
you only get the new game + option when your 30 minutes are up. You're taken to a save screen where you save your game, and then the "load" option in the save menu is replaced with "new game +" for that one save. Dying in battle doesn't trigger this option.
Okay y'all, try it now!
Yeah, random crashing is Bad. I will make a fix as soon as I can, tonight or tomorrow!!
As soon as Two joined, the game crashed:
Script 'Yanfly Ace Equip Engine' line 725: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'etype_id' for nil:NilClass
Responding to say the same as jinxedcross, the game crashes during the next battle after Blue joins, even if he's not in combat.
Testing again to be thorough, it seems to be Lyubova using the Jewel Knife skill which causes the game to crash, not Blue's fault.
As a heads up, after getting Blue and entering a battle, I've gotten a "Script 'Kread EX-Glimmer' line 210 ArgumentError occured. Comparison of Fixnum with nil Failed." before it would shut down the game.