My goodness! I've been trying to kill myself often but this work of art is grand and may have stopped any further attempts! I love the boldfaced mis-gendering to make a real villain of C.C.C. Inc. in the start and the place turning into a *spoiler* building to plead with us and the turn into halls of *spoiler* was great. I love the end.
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
JULY 2018: Reverse Sale! All games are $2 this month!This is a completely realistic game about exactly what it's like to work as an office temp. Absolutely everything is true and nothing is made up or embellished. Really.
This is your first day working at C.C. & C., Inc, the Best Office Ever. In between completing the weird tasks you're given that don't really seem to have much to do with each other (and let's be honest here, aren't exactly giving your Bachelor's degree a run for its money), you must safely navigate the spooky office hallways.
You're not sure what makes the hallways so spooky. Maybe it's the old, moldy smell. Or the weird noises made by the old building. Or maybe it's the invisible monsters who chomp your head clean off if you linger for more than 20 seconds...
As you navigate the endless office corridors with your trusty revolver at your side (well, not THAT trusty - cutbacks, you know), you must find a way out of this hellish place.
Isn't this the best job you've ever had? Well, I've definitely had worse.
Mouth sweet, belly b i t t e r
Uploaded Version 2 of Mouth Sweet! This version fixes some bugs, and also includes an infographic that hopefully explains how to play a bit better.
There is now a Spanish translation available here!
- Tense first-person battle system - listen for the invisible enemy's footsteps, and shoot them before they reach you! (requires stereo sound)
- Things former employers have actually said to me! Eat a bag of dicks, Linda!
- Original soundtrack made entirely out of my own voice!
- High level of challenge
- Looks good on your resume - C. C. & C. is a big name in this town
Tips for mastering the battle system:
- Stereo sound is required!! Listen for the enemy's footsteps. You will never see the enemy, but you can hear if it is to the right or left of you.
- Once the enemy's footsteps are centered aurally, it is right in front of you. SHOOT NOW!! You'll know if you've hit it.
- Go slowly. You've never used a gun before, at least not in an office setting. Move your gun hand one tick at a time, and listen for the footsteps each time.
- If you duck into a side room, the monster will stop looking for you. Maybe it forgot you were there? I dunno. It will start chasing you again if you re-enter the hallway, but maybe you can avoid it completely if you swoop in and out of side rooms. (sometimes, not always!)
- The first enemy you encounter is a little different from the others - it is much easier to defeat. Also, it's next to a save point and an ammo refill. If you're still having trouble with the combat, use this first enemy as practice!
- There's no shame in choosing Easy Mode. The only difference is that the enemies won't touch you - but YOU can touch THEM! Easy Mode is also good practice.
Thanks for playing!!
CONTENT WARNING: Blood, guns, tension/anxiety, jump scares, implied animal cruelty. There is a chance that this game may misgender you, so please take care if you're sensitive to that!!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Oh my god, please don't kill yourself!! I'm glad I managed to help, but I'm not a therapist and I hope you see a professional about this!
I know it's not an easy step, and you've probably heard all that before, but it makes all the difference - I didn't want to either, but after getting treatment, I was pretty much a new person! No more thinking about ending it all, no more hiding in the broom closet at work so nobody sees me burst into tears, no more locking myself in the car and literally screaming until I lose my voice - I promise, it doesn't have to be like this!
You totally weren't asking for advice but reading your comment really worried me
just finished this game and wowow its so good!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in love with the fighting mechanism, super interesting and fun! I could imagine playing a full-length DS version of this game, was rly sad when it ended!!!!!!!!!! also the music is amazing. thanks sm for making this masterpiece *_*
This game is amazing! I've never seen a game system like this before and that's a great thig! I just did a run and now and got to the end, just to find out a "GAME OVER" screen. I think that maybe there's more hidden, maybe other endings to see, if that's it I'd say that I totally love this game. the sound is very good, the ambience is so creepy and well used. I didn't find any jumpscare but I'm not going to spoiler myself googling it but playing the game again.
You did a great job Mitchell, keep on doing what you love.
ATT: Bernardo Barouk (you can see it in my usename but the att thing makes it romantic)
Thanks so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sorry, I forgot I had a comments section lol
Really liked the music and overall atmosphere.
That was fantastically well done. The audio/soundtrack was on point, and the writing was very engrossing. I hope you're doing better now, Mitchell.
This game is real good. I'd buy it if I had money.
*Rawr* Hello everyone, I am making a series on this game and it deserves more attention, extremely unique, spooky, reminds me of the Mother series in mild ways and I can't wait to delve further into the madness. For your viewing pleasure to get 'some' idea of the gameplay, I have Part 1 that I've so far released linked below - though I'd recommend playing for yourself! :>